Monday, 3 June, 2019
How To Configure A Shared Network Printer In Windows?
If you are looking for ways for connecting to a network printer in Windows, this is the right place for you to get started with one of the methods. Depending upon your computer’s Windows Operating System, you can select one of the below described methods for connecting to a printer that works on a network.
Connecting Network Printer in Windows 10
- Turn on your printer
- Make sure that it is working on a network
- Head to the Control Panel
- Touch Hardware & Sound button
- Click on Devices and Printers then press Add a Device link
- Windows will take some time to detect the printer. Once detected, select a printer and click on Next button. If your printer is not listed, just press the link The Printer That I Want Isn’t Listed. Another prompt will ask you soon to add printer either by name or by TCP/IP address.
Connecting a Network Printer in Windows 8
- Switch on a printer that works on a network
- Go to the Control Panel
- Touch the Hardware and Sound link
- Now, double click on the Add a Printer icon
- Press Add a Network, Wireless or Bluetooth Printer; then click on Next button
- Once Windows scanned for the printer, select the device and touch Next. If the printer you desire to connect to is not listed, just touch the link The Printer That I Want Isn’t Listed.
- However, if you have your printer listed there, just go to the link Select A Shared Printer By Name then enter the printer path. If you are unable to give printer’s path, connect to it via using a different link – Add A Printer Using A TCP/IP Address or hostname.
- Click on the Next button
Connecting a Network Printer in Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Choose a shared printer to turn it on
- Open the Control Panel to start the process
- Touch Hardware and Sound
- Touch twice the icon Add a Printer
- Select one option from the list: Add a Network, Wireless or Bluetooth Printer. Click the Next button
- If your desired printer is on the list, Windows will detect it in few minutes. Once scanned, you are all set to select the printer and click the Next button for completing the process. If the network printer is not on the list, you will have to touch The Printer That I Wanted Isn’t Listed option. This will take you to the next prompt where you will be asked to add a printer either by name or by TCP/IP address.