How to Cancel Lufthansa Airlines Flight Ticket? Cancellation & Refund Policy
Lufthansa Airlines is the flag carrier and the largest German Airline however in terms of passenger carried it is the largest in Europe. The airlines is one of the five founding members of Star Alliance. The airlines have its headquarter located at Cologne. In total they have over 700 aircraft which aids it in making one of the largest airline fleets in the world. The airline offers its flyer programme by the name of Miles and more, its official website is www.lufthansa.com
In order to get the experience, one has to fly with the airlines and for the same booking can be done over the internet or over even through the reservation team over the phone, at times due to any foreseen situation one can feel the need to cancel the ticket or make some changes and then one is needless to worry about the refund as the airlines has got the refund policy in place to take about the concern.
How to Cancel Lufthansa Airlines
As we have steps to follow the booking procedure in the same way in order the cancel the booking one will be required to take the steps as mentioned
- On the official website, Click on My Bookings.
- In order to login into the account, an individual will be required to enter the details as surname and booking number.
- Now as you are on the page, hit on cancellation option to cancel the same.
- One will get the automatic email for the conformation.
- Ticket will get cancelled and the amount will get refunded and the same will get credited to the credit card.
Even if the booking is done through service center and one wish to get the cancellation done through website same can be taken care by taking the steps as above.
Lufthansa Airlines Cancellation Policy
In order to cancel the airlines one should be aware about the policy in that case one will not be required to move from post to pillars.
- One has the opportunity to cancel the flight up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure.
- Cancellation of the ticket will depend on the type of the ticket.
- Airlines gives the opportunity to cancel the flight online even if the booking was processed through office.
Once the cancellation has been processed, there is nothing to worry about the refund as one walk through the Refund policy in details
Lufthansa Airlines Refund Policy
After the booking has be cancelled one can expect the refund.
- The refund can be asked for refund just the day prior to the departure.
- If the individual is not tech savvy or there is another reason then he/she can reach the customer care department.
You can place the request for the refund in the following way –
- On the login page, click on my bookings.
- Now here one can see the summary of the booking, in order to initiate the cancelation process, click on cancellation option and the refund procedure will get started.
- In case if one is not able to see the cancellation option, it means the ticket is not refundable.
- Refund procedure will take 2-3 days to deal however if the calculation cannot be done automatically and manual intervention is required it might take some more time as the final settlement will also be required from the bank.
- Refund will be processed in the same currency which was used for booking.
Lufthansa Airlines firmly believes that in order to survive, one has to ensure that the concern is being dealt aptly and the customer is completely satisfied.